Since it’s black Friday and we got shoppin’ on the mind, I wanted to give my readers some easy and practical ideas for male teacher gifts. I think if you are like most people you may find yourself stumped when it comes to shopping for men you barely know. The truth is there are a lot of fun and cutesy ideas out there, but for the male teacher on your list, well, they might not appreciate them the same way.
I realize I’m no better at gift giving than the next person. When all else fails I grab a last minute bulk supply of Starbucks cards and hand them out to each of my kids’ teachers. Others of us will buy something we think might be appropriate, like a “teacher-themed” trinket of some sort. Some will load up on the candy or clothing like a tie or crazy socks.
But before you pick out a male teacher gift this year, you got to think about how many of the same kind of gifts they’ve come across over the years. I know my Kinder teaching hubby arrives home with an overabundance of chocolate (even though he is allergic) graphic T-shirts, ties and other clothing (which is usually too small or big). Mugs are also huge (but he doesn’t drink coffee). The thought counts of course, I get that, but it doesn’t hurt to think about what people may really need/want. Your child’s teacher, afterall, spends more time with your child than anyone else. They truly deserve a token of your appreciate – even if just a simple thank you card.
Without further ado, let me show you five simple and practical gifts that any male teacher will appreciate.
- The idea for this post really came to me as I recalled the hubs telling me how happy he was about getting a Gilette razor gift set one year. Who whoulda thunk it? It was practical but also thoughtful. So for numero uno, you guessed it…
- Teachers are crazy busy people who usually forget to stay hydrated. So what better than a Hydroflask? They are a fantastic water bottle that keeps beverages cold thanks to their insulated dual-walled structure.
- I know this seems super silly, but my husband is always losing Tupperware – thankfully we buy the cheap stuff! I would say it drives me nuts, but I too tend to leave it in random fridgerators around the district. A great gift idea for many teachers are the locking glass lunch containers. They’re the creme de la creme of containers, but they cost a pretty penny. That makes them a great gift idea, though!
- Sport-themed or classroom-themed décor. This is one of the sweetest gifts because it remains in the classroom for your child to point out and take pride in. But first you have to figure out what teams your kid’s teacher is into, or what the classroom theme is. For instance, hubby received a super awesome Dodger poster he now has on display. His room is superhero themed so trinkets that match are fun. And ultimately they save him money and make his classroom look cool.
- I think we all know most men are avid movie watchers. Movies tickets always make a nice night out, at a fairly reasonable price point, which makes them a great teacher gift option. And let’s be honest teachers are just better at their jobs when they get the chance to do something un-school related with the people they love.
- I threw this one in here as a bonus idea…Cliff bars. Because teachers need fuel! Cliff Bars are more expensive than your average granola bar, but also more delicious and the perfect thing to take with you for lots of activities. They make a great emergency snack/meal in the classroom because they don’t crumble all over while you try to eat them.
There you have it, 5 + 1 bonus male teacher gifts. What else would you add to the list?
FYI – my site is not for monetization purposes. What I post is purely written as a resource to help. Friend to friend. 🙂